Screenshots of PuTTY
PuTTY Publisher's Description
What's New in This Release:
· Port to Unix!
· Dynamic SSH port forwarding.
· Ability to leave DNS lookups to the proxy, when using a proxy.
· Sped up PSFTP.
· Fixed various bugs, notably one which was impeding port-forwarding of SMB.
· Some default settings changes: SSH and SSH2 are now default, BCE is off
What's New in Version 0.63 of PuTTY
- Security fix: PuTTY no longer retains the private half of users' keys in memory by mistake after authenticating with them
- Revamped the internal configuration storage system to remove all fixed arbitrary limits on string lengths. In particular, there should now no longer be an unreasonably small limit on the number of port forwardings PuTTY can store
- The terminal emulation now supports xterm's bracketed paste mode (allowing aware applications to tell the difference between typed and pasted text, so that e.g. editors need not apply inappropriate auto-indent)
- You can now choose to display bold text by both brightening the foreground colour and changing the font, not just one or the other
- PuTTYgen will now never generate a 2047-bit key when asked for 2048 (or more generally n?1 bits when asked for n)
- Some updates to default settings: PuTTYgen now generates 2048-bit keys by default (rather than 1024), and PuTTY defaults to UTF-8 encoding and 2000 lines of scrollback (rather than ISO 8859-1 and 200)
- Unix: PSCP and PSFTP now preserve the Unix file permissions, on copies in both directions
- Unix: dead keys and compose-character sequences are now supported
- Unix: PuTTY and pterm now permit font fallback (where glyphs not present in your selected font are automatically filled in from other fonts on the system) even if you are using a server-side X11 font rather than a Pango client-side one
- Bug fixes too numerous to list, mostly resulting from running the code through Coverity Scan which spotted an assortment of memory and resource leaks, logic errors, and crashes in various circumstances
Look for Similar Items by Category